I want you to be happy with your saber. Please contact me with ANY issues before the end of the 180 day period, I will help you.
This limited Warranty does not cover any damage due to (1) acts of God, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence, improper handling, commercial use or modifications of this Product, or normal wear and tear; (2) improper operation or maintenance of this Product; or (3) attempted repair by any party other than LDM or a pre-approved (by LDM) Rebellion Member.* This Limited Warranty does not apply where it is determined by LDM or said Rebellion Member that there is no fault with the Product itself. Repairs not covered by the Limited Warranty may, at LDM’s or said Rebellion Member’s discretion, be carried out at the owner’s expense.
And – You, the customer, are responsible for the cost of returning the Product to and return shipping from LDM or said Rebellion Member.
****Electronics, such as soundboards, batteries and LEDs are not warranted by me, as I did not make them.****
Plecterlabs Soundboard/Ultrasound Repairs must be preformed by their respective manufacturers or authorized repair contractors. You will be responsible for any fees thus incurred including shipping.
*If you attempt to repair it yourself, the warranty is void (and believe me, I can tell). I will repair it, but it will be at your expense.
Warranty is non transferable.
1. HILT DAMAGE: Accidents happen during removal and installation. Although I take great care in my work, any potential damage as a result of me working on your saber is a risk that you, the client take when you contract me. When you commission me, you are agreeing to this stipulation.
2. SHIPPING DAMAGE: Damage that occurs during shipping will be repaired by me if the client so chooses, at a reasonable fee. We take great care in packing all projects and are not responsible for any damage incurred during shipping. We ALWAYS recommend shipping insurance and indeed require it on all projects with a value over $1000.
3. COMPONENT FAILURE: LDM Custom Sabers is not responsible for Soundboard failures, blown speakers, or over driven LEDS. In other words, if the part is mass manufactured, I do not warranty it. I do my very best to build with the best quality parts available at the time and will work with folks should something happen, but realize that there will be fees involved.
4. PROJECT DEPOSIT: All Project deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. I use those deposits to purchase parts needed for each project. If you, the client back out of a project, your deposit WILL NOT be returned to you. If we (LDM Custom Sabers) are unable to complete your project within a reasonable time frame (presented at the beginning of the project +/- 2 months), we will offer you a refund of your deposit minus PayPal fees. If we cannot deliver upon our promise to complete your project, your deposit (minus PayPal fees) will be returned to you.
5. DEPOSIT AMOUNT: Any “Product Saber” with Crystal Shard or Petit Crouton carries a $100 deposit. Any with Crystal focus carries a $250 deposit. For custom projects, contact me because it varies from 10-25% depending on the details.
Payment plans (for completed builds only).
1. At the completion of the project, the buyer be notified and will have 1 month maximum to pay for his/her saber. (+/- 1 to 2 days is reasonable, but don’t try to take advantage). The one Month clock starts on the day that I inform you that your saber is finished.***On day 33 a 10% fee will be added.
2. 25% initial deposit on Balance owed (on top of the deposit required for the initiation of all projects) is made within one week of completed project notification.
3. Payments will be considered non-refundable deposits, unless YOU find another buyer that will pay in full.
4. I will accept Paypal payments + 4% (4.5% International) or Cashier’s checks only for those who choose the payment plan. No Exceptions.
5. The Completed saber (and any accessories) will not ship until full payment is made.
LATE CHANGES to a saber build will make it COST MORE and your SABER WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL THESE CHARGES ARE PAID. All Change fees will be reasonable and in accordance with my standard pricing structures elucidated herein.
Additional Charges (A-C below):
Some Sabersmiths apply these charges as they go, or they just let it slide. I have tried the latter and the former. Neither result was satisfactory. So, I am telling you upfront this is how it is.
A) Late Change Fee Structure:
After a deposit has been paid and the parts are ordered, any changes by the client will involve a fee, which is: Parts cost/parts return cost+ $25.00.
B) Rush Order Fee:
To Rush your Order there is a $10.00 base + $10.00 for each saber ahead of yours.
For example: Your saber has 7 other builds ahead of it. You need it NOW! An $80.00 fee will be imposed because no one likes a line jumper.
C) Nuisance Fee(s):
Once your build is started I will answer status requests once a week. Three (3) status requests or more in any 2 week period will have a $20.00 fee added, per request. If you want it rushed see above.
If any of these fees is applied/billed to you, they must be paid before your saber is shipped.
I guess it is a sign of the times, but this is where I will list my Trademarked Terminology. What does this mean to you? Really nothing other than it educates you as to who developed these things and terms. Is it for my ego? Not so much that as it is to prevent my head from exploding whenever someone asks me if I “know how” to integrate one of my own techniques on their project! You may use my terminology whenever you want and without the ™ if you like. As a matter of fact, I shared this terminology and the techniques behind the different terms for everyone’s benefit. Just don’t try to claim that it is something that “you” developed. I will not necessarily list the “™” symbol whenever I post them either.
Crystal Pommel™/Faux Crystal Pommel
Ramping Accent LEDs™
Black Mat Time™ or BMT™
Bronzium Weathering™/Oxidized Bronzium Weathering™
Triple Baked Finish™
Super Secret Weathering Sauce™
Oxidized Weathering™/Oxidium Weathering™
Touch Plate Activation™
Canon Bane™/Canon Bane Weathering™